Wednesday, February 10

simple




top - burda magazine (02/2016, #103)
skirt - burda magazine (08/2015, #110)

made this skirt once before (never blogged about it
but you may have seen it on my ig account)
and that one was quick and easy make..
this one, however, was a whole nother story
as i did pretty much everything wrong 
from cutting fabric to hemming the skirt..
but i did finished the darn thing in the end
and it doesn't even look bad
so everything's fine
..
top is the 'test' version of pattern from february burda issue
and might be my favorite thing ever..
i used narrow selvage strips as neck band
(sewed unfolded, slightly stretched selvage strip to the neckline, 
and then topstitched it.. love how it curls a bit)
..
hat is another favorite, even though it's too large..
yarn is wool/rayon/acrylic blend
and i have it in few more colors
so i might just knit one graham hat in each of those colors
..
mokosha



   

 

12 comments:

  1. I love that neck finish! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like it.. i'm really happy with how it turned out

      Delete
  2. love that little back pleat ... such a nice detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really cute detail.. gonna make this top again, but will use transparent rayon fabric for back part.. hope the pleat is gonna look equally nice in that fabric too

      Delete
  3. I love that Burda top on you! Wondered why I hadn't noticed it before, but then I realised I haven't gotten my February issue of Burda in the mail yet :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, then you're in for a treat :) february issue is one of my favorites in a long time

      Delete
  4. I love the whole outfit!! Especially the top. I just renewed my burda subscription but I don't think I'll get February. Now I'm bummed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pleat is really cute and I love the neck band.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love that pleat, might need to make few more of these tops asap

      Delete
  6. I love your outfit! both top and skirt. Really cool, separately and together too :) I'm going to look out for that February issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) i've made another top using this pattern, and may make a few more.. february issue is really great, and i just got my copy of march, and it's pretty damn great too

      Delete