Monday, July 21

sweatpants








sweatpants - self made
top - terranova

i keep proving myself wrong this year..
i made and proudly wore bunch of unusual (for me) stuff
pants and more pants and shorts and leggings, that i used to hate
and here i am, sporting sweatpants
that are ranked second on my irrational hate list of clothing items
(no 1 is saved for jeans.. still hate jeans very much
and still think i won't wear them ever..
but who am i kidding, i'll probably end up making them too)
..
i've actually made sweatpants before
and still own and occasionally wear that pair
but, although cool to look at, those are not the most practical of pants
with all that extra fabric in crotch area
..
but these are pretty much perfect
(except when it comes to pattern matching
they are slightly off and it bugs me, big time)
they are great travel pants
great for camping, lounging by fire, hiking, workout
and i even wore them to the local pub one night
(and my grandma is crazy about them
she requested a pair too)
..
mokosha








16 comments:

  1. Love the pattern :)

    http://becstitches.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny has fab taste. I need like 8 pairs of tehse now that I get to work in my pajamas....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) if you decide to make those 8 pairs using this pattern, you can get it here

      Delete
  3. I like the way you styled these, your sweatpants look very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, these are way cooler than the average pair of sweatpants. Love that you wore them to the pub! They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is usually right at the apex of my irrational hate of something that I end up making it. I guess I like proving myself wrong all the time. (Who else is going to argue harder with myself?) Anyhoos, these are at the top of my list to make this year and I hope I can pull it off as coolly as you have! (Love the sheer-back top, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, amy! and hurry up with making your pair, it's a really quick project :)

      Delete
  6. These are some awesome sweatpants, and I also happen to hate jeans! I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandma sounds awesome! And these are pretty cool for a pair of sweatpants... I wouldn't be caught dead wearing sweatpants in public... but maybe with this kind of print it could work out :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm usually one of those people that doesn't even wear sweatpants while lounging at home, but these are different type of swatpants, i guess :)

      Delete
  8. These are fantastic!!! I LOVE them! What a great print! Any chance your grandma would agree to model hers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, ginger! i can try to talk her into that :)

      Delete
  9. Seriously cute! I really like that sheer backed top too; it's super cool :)

    ReplyDelete