Friday, March 1

the help






dress - self made
bandana - new yorker 

it just struck me:
i made 'the help' dress!
it's post oscars week
 i've seen 'the help' on hbo the other day
and here i am, a week later
rocking my black maid look
and i'm lovin' it
..
now i wonder are all of my creations
subconsciously inspired by movies?
right before i got the idea for my rorschach printed collection
i've watched 'the ring'
maybe that can explain my sudden urge for black and white
and my silly idea that those prints have some hidden meanings
that i need to discover
..
this week
i'm totally hooked on stand up comedy..
so brain, i dare you to incorporate that
into my future designs! ha!
..
mokosha



17 comments:

  1. ako uneseš stand-up u svoje kreacije bit ću tvoj vjerni sljedbenik :)
    a filmovi su vječna inspiracija. uvijek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if anyone can runway-ify stand up comedy, you can. i love those sleeves and stripes, perfect with your mustard polka dot gams. brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i should give it a try, sis.. glad you like me new favorite frock :)

      Delete
  3. Aaaaah! Love this dress! I'd make and wear this in an instant if it existed int he pattern world. The sleeve detail, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lovely, isn't it? oh, but there is a pattern (dunno if you can find it, though) i used pattern from burda international magazine, from the summer of 1978 :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love this! That sleeve detail. The contrasting blues. Awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.. so glade i made it (i almost decided to make bed sheets from the fabric, hehe)

      Delete
  5. Oh, so pretty. I would never make you be my maid.

    strugglesewsastraightseam.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do make pretty mean pie, if you try it sometimes, you would totally want me to be your maid hehe

      Delete
  6. The sleeves of this dress are so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shirtwaist dresses and this one is fabulous. I love the blocky horizontal stripes and the cute sleeves... and the bow sash... everything about it. Including of course your amazing photography!

    ReplyDelete